Workplaces that Work for Women Executives/Executive Track
Below you will find the agenda for the Executive track, for those at the SVP+ level, in the C-suite or who sit on corporate boards.
7:30 am – 8:30 am
Check-In and Networking Breakfast
8:30 am – 9:15 am
2018 Catalyst Awards Conference Kick Off and Opening Remarks
Tina M. Tchen, Partner, Buckley Sandler, and co-founder #TimesUp
Caroline A. Wanga, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and Vice President Human Resources
9:15 am – 10:15 am
2018 Award Winner Plenary
- The Boston Consulting Group: Women@BCG
- IBM: Leading the Cognitive Era Powered by the Global Advancement of Women
- Nationwide: Our Associates' Success Drives Business Success
- Northrop Grumman Corporation: Building the Best Culture, Leveraging the Power of Women
- Rich Lesser, President & Chief Executive Officer, The Boston Consulting Group
- Deb Bubb, HR VP and Chief Leadership, Learning & Inclusion Officer, IBM
- Gale King, EVP, Chief HR and Administrative Officer, Nationwide
- Wes Bush, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Denise Peppard, Corporate Vice President and CHRO, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Julie S. Nugent, Vice President, Research and Chair, Catalyst Award, Catalyst
10:15 am – 10:45 am
10:45 am – 11:45 am
Listen to a panel of senior leaders from 2018 Catalyst Award-winning companies discussing the benefits of inclusion and how advancing women yields business results.
- Matt Krentz, Senior Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- Phil Gilbert, General Manager IBM Design
- Amy Shore, President P&C Sales and Distribution, Nationwide
- Shawn Purvis, Corporate Vice President and President, Enterprise Services, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Anna Beninger, Senior Director, Research and Corporate Engagement Partner, Catalyst
11:45 am – 1:30 pm
Networking Lunch and Luncheon Fireside Conversation
Deborah Gillis, President & CEO, Catalyst, discusses the importance of intentional leadership in creating workplaces that work for women with Brian Cornell, Chairman & CEO, Target Corporation; Member, Catalyst Board of Directors; and Catalyst CEO Champion For Change.
1:30 – 1:45 pm
1:45 – 2:35 pmAccelerating Change for Women: Spotlight on Sodexo
Michel Landel, Group CEO, Sodexo, and Lorna Donatone, CEO Geographic Regions, Region Chair for North America, Sodexo, speak with Rohini Anand, PhD, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Diversity Officer, Sodexo, about how to drive inclusion and advance women through intentional leadership, accountability, and sponsorship. Learn from their personal anecdotes of failure, overcoming resistance, and persevering to positive impact.
2:35 – 3:45 pmResponding to Social Movements Strategically and Authentically
No company builds its culture in isolation. Larger social concerns—like #MeToo, #BlackLivesMatter, and the polarized political environment—are bound to intrude and affect both employees and your business. To keep up, you must be able to anticipate and respond to these movements in a way that feels authentic and aligns with your organizational goals. Find out how to lead your organization to greater gender equity during social flux. Moderator:
- Susan Silbermann, President & General Manager, Vaccines, Pfizer Inc
4:00 – 4:55 pmChampions For Change: CEOs Shaping Our FutureIn this unique and unprecedented opportunity, hear directly from CEOs on the Catalyst Board of Directors and from Supporter companies on how they lead through tumultuous times, how they personally champion gender equity, and what they are doing to build a future with workplaces that work for women.
- Jeff Grange, President of Specialty Insurance, QBE North America
- Michelle Edkins, Managing Director, Global Head of BlackRock Investment Stewardship
- Ann M. Fudge, Board Director, Novartis, Unilever (vice chair), and Northrop Grumman; Retired Chairman & CEO, Young & Rubicam Brands
- Mike Wirth, Chairman & CEO, Chevron Corporation
- Tiger NV “Tiger” Tyagarajan, President & CEO, Genpact
- Jacqueline Hinman, Former Chairman & CEO, CH2M HILL Companies Ltd.
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Continue brainstorming solutions at this invitation-only networking event.